Skip to main content

Finding Your Wings - Blog

Hi! My name’s Sarah and I’ve been a secondary school-teacher for 15 years so I know all about looking after children and organising fun activities for them. I am also a mother to two boys aged 7 and 2 so I’m kept very busy! I’ve also spent the last 15 years training in all sorts of disciplines including children’s yoga, mindfulness, Reiki healing, mentoring and many more. I use these skills and qualifications to run courses and evening sessions for children and adults where we look at relaxation, meditation and well-being, under the umbrella of my organisation, Finding Your Wings.


Finding Your Wings came about when I was travelling through Asia with my husband and was inspired by how happy many of the children were, despite their modest and simple lifestyles. I decided that I could use my skills and experience to change the lives of children here by teaching them tools and techniques to embrace who they are and empower them with confidence and the ability to overcome negative emotions and experiences. These negative aspects of life are not just to be dismissed but used as a positive learning experience so that the children can move on, stronger than before.

An important aspect of a Finding Your Wings course is to help our children cope with the pressures and issues inherent in the fast paced, modern world in which our children live, sometimes, exposed to situations, language and emotions, often through the media, that we as parents wouldn’t want them to experience until a much later stage in their development.

Bringing the mind, body and spirit back in to balance is a huge part of what Finding your Wings does through the medium of sound, breath, yoga, craft, positive visualisations, colour, crystals and seasonal and nutritional awareness.

My favourite quote...
“If you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl
“Everything is energy, and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy, this is physics.” Albert Einstein.


Comments

  1. A beautifully written blog. We cannot wait to experience your summer school at the Foxlowe in August ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment